Saturday, November 8, 2008

We're HOME!

Jared, Brennan, Tanner, Elijah and I just walked in the door from a tiring two days at camp. Jared was preaching a men's retreat and I cooked 3 meals for the hungry crew.

We ended up leaving Graham with NeNe (my mom) and she's threatening to keep him. That seems to happen whenever we leave him with anyone. We left him with Grandma Anita during camp this summer and she cried and cried as we left the driveway. Apparently he's quite the charmer.

We all headed out around 1 on Friday afternoon. After a stop at Wal-Mart for groceries we headed the rest of the way up to camp. Friday night I made homemade chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, and bread. It went over better than hotcakes!

For breakfast I got a recipe from Amy for a hearty breakfast casserole. I quadrupled it which consisted of 24 eggs, 6lbs of sausage, and entire loaf of bread and tons of cheese and milk. I worried it'd be too much along with Chris C. amazing cinnamon rolls but by the end it looked like a heard of locusts had come through my line! I could have easily made two more batches of the casserole and it would have been eaten I'm sure.

As our parting lunch we had tacos, cheese dip (with sausage and pepper jack cheese!), chips, salsa, and all the fixins. It was soo yummy.

The sweet part was John F. apparently thought I deserved a tip so he passed Eric Y's hat around and they blessed me with a very generous offering. I really enjoy doing things like this. It's such a blessing to me and I'm thankful that they feel blessed by my serving.

No comments: