Saturday, January 12, 2013

Best Tacos Ev-ah

I have become more and more creative as my gluten free life continues.  I am so thankful for the internet and other people's ideas to help me along.  I came across the most awesome home made taco seasoning.  I found it over at One Good Thing.  I made a triple batch and it was a huge hit with the kids.  I just boiled 4 chicken breasts in water and a ton of the seasoning.  When it was tender I threw it into my Kitchenaid and used the paddle to shred the chicken (yet another genius idea via blog world).  The kids and I ate and ate and ate.  Even the skinny ones asked for thirds.

Here's Jillee's recipe:

"Homemade Taco Seasoning
by
Whole New Mom
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t red pepper flakes
1/2 t oregano
1 t paprika
1 Tbsp cumin
2 1/2 t salt (I used Kosher Salt)
2 t pepper
OK…here are the instructions…don’t blink…you might miss them!
1.  Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.  2. Mix well. 3. Store in a tightly closed container.   haha!  I told you!"

Absolutely divine and gluten free!

No comments: