Wednesday, March 6, 2013

36...37?

Monday was my birthday. 

This is the first birthday I didn't really even think about until it came. 

No great plans, no expectations. 

I am looking forward to the littles birthdays.  Anneliese is 4 on the 12th and Graham is 7 on the 16th.

Sunday I talked to H.B. who shares my birth date and couldn't even remember if I turned 36 or 37.  I had to think about it for a few seconds before I remembered it is 36.  I'm exactly twice his age. 

Monday morning I had sweet Gage at 7am.  I opened the door and he yells, "Happy Birt-day!"  His sweet mom, Mindy D, brought me gluten free brownies.  Seriously, I haven't ever known anyone quite like her.  Always concerned and loving and aware of everyone's needs.  Thank you, you made my day.

The rest of the morning went pretty much ordinary.  I started on some laundry only to hear a thunking in the dryer.  Curious, I pulled out a pair of jeans only to find Tanner's iPod touch.  The iPod he saved a year for and handles like a new born kitten.  It was a terrible mistake on both our parts.  He is so responsible and careful.  I did a load of jeans and didn't check the pockets.

I told him and he was devastated.  Not wanting to upset me, he sat at the table quietly as tears poured down his face.  UGH! I immediately got online and researched what to do to give us the best odds of it working again.  I placed it in a bag of rice with silica packets from our vitamins.  I placed it on a heating pad for 2 days.  We didn't try to turn it on.  I read turning it on wet could fry the mother board.  But I washed AND dried it.  Today was two days of "drying out" and today I plugged it in and against all odds it works.  Not a single glitch.  Jared and I both said, "Praise God!"  His mercies are new every morning.  I am so thankful our little man didn't lose something he worked so hard to earn.

Papa ended up coming over Monday evening so we could go to dinner and a movie.  It was a great uneventful birthday.  Jared and I chatted about our lives together and how much we've changed over the years.  So thankful for where God has us.  Thankful for our church, for our family, for our friends, for our home.  What is there to be anxious or upset about turning 36 or 37? 

God is good! 

No comments: