Thursday, September 1, 2011

Movin' On Up

Can I just say, it's weird preparing your "home" for someone else to live in it.

Regardless, it's fun to be working towards the move.  Tuesday I dropped the contract off at the title company.  We have an inspection scheduled for a week from yesterday.

The kids seem to really be enjoying packing.  They are discovering things they forgot they had.  We've spent a good 5 hours working upstairs yesterday.  The spare room has been purged and the bed taken apart.  We just need a couple able bodied individuals to carry out the big stuff and it's done!  One room down....

We are wanting to get rid of our queen sized bed.  I have bedding coming out my ears (two comforter sets, a 600 thread count sheet set, and a flannel sheet set) and a mattress and box spring and frame that have been in our spare room.  If you're interested let me know.  The sleigh bed has already been spoken for.

I have been looking online for tips on moving.  One of you military wives really should consider writing a book on how to organize a move.  I'm thinking you're probably the best at it!

Our closing date on this house is on or before the 19th.  We are still working out the details on purchasing the new house.  It's fair to say that we are stepping out on faith!  God has brought us this far and we are confident He will see us through. 

No comments: