Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all have a day full of gluttony planned!  Wait...that came out wrong.

Enjoy your family, eat a reasonable breakfast, and enjoy a sensible lunch/dinner with your family!

I personally decided to start my day off with a chocolate protein shake.  My mom just happened to leave a package of Starbucks instant coffees in my pantry.  On a whim, I blended half a packet into my shake.  HEAVEN!  Not kidding, simply delicious!

Jared and I are thankful for our precious family. 

Yesterday we found out that our Tanner has severe scoliosis.  The little guy has been having a lot of back and neck pain over the last couple months.  We kept thinking it was growing pains or possibly the need for a quality mattress (he currently sleeps on a futon).  He woke up yesterday with a kink in his neck and was crying due to the pain.  I took him into the chiropractor for the first time.  She immediately was asking me all kinds of questions about our family history.  I keep struggling with how in the world I could have missed this.  His back looks like a "S".  We are doing a whole lot of research and working towards treatment for him.  Poor Tan man.


Jared has started the Christmas gift spreadsheet.  He does it every year and the kids and I love it.  The gifts start appearing and they are all numbered.  No one but Dad knows which number belongs to which kid.  Having such a large family I really appreciate all the thought and time he puts into this.  He does the shopping, the gift wrapping, and then brings home the presents to put under the tree.  So much easier than me trying to get things when the kids are with me 100% of the time.


Tonight our tree goes up.  It's been a tradition for several years now.  As soon as Thanksgiving dinner is cleaned up we start pulling out decorations.  It's so fun because after Christmas each year I buy new decorations at great discounts and then put them away.  I love getting them out and using them for the first time.  We all have extra excitement to decorate our new home.

There is so much to be thankful for.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

No comments: