Thursday, May 17, 2012

Around The House

I've had a desire to put a drum shade on my ceiling fan for quite some time.  I got the idea over at Thrifty Decor Chic.  A fan with a drum shade runs around $500 and this is the builders grade fan with a little spray paint and a $2 drum shade from a garage sale.  So custom!  Love it.
Behind our house there is a "lake" and play area. 
View from our back yard to the pond & trail

The kids have really gotten into fishing and we had the best day today.  We hung out at the pond for hours and the boys caught a dozen fish.  It was so relaxing and nothing got done at home and it was okay.  No TV was watched, no games played.  Just me and my babes fishing and enjoying the day.  It's just beautiful here.

 We brought home 5 for the experience of it all.  I grilled them on the grill and Brennan loved it.  After cleaning 5 fish I refrained.  I may never eat fish again.  It was gross!
He's a future angler

Graham with his homemade pole :)

Brennan eating his super fresh catch

Eli was fascinated by the skeleton
I have a couple other projects in the works including an amazing new shelving unit Richard installed in my laundry room.  I have to put a coat of paint on it and then I'll show and tell :)

No comments: