Friday, May 4, 2012

New Foods!

I've been trying to switch up our normal dinner time meals.  We get stuck in a rut like most.  Thankfully Pinterest has been saving my bacon.  These are all healthy and delicious.  Here is a very simple meal that we all LOVED.

Ranch House Pork Chops and mashed potatoes.  Here's the recipe over at Picky Palate.  It's super simple.  All you need is a Ranch packet and a can of cream of chicken soup (I use the low fat version) and some meat.  The original recipe called for pork chops and that's what I used, but next time I'll use chicken.  We're just not big into pork chops, but we loved it even still! 


You just put your chops, soup, and seasoning in a crock pot and leave it be for hours and when you get home you have super tender meat in an incredible gravy.  We ate ours with corn and mashed potatoes.  It was a huge success.  I actually baked mine in the oven for a hour and a half at 350 but crock potting it would be amazing as well.

For desert you have to try this Pumpkin Cream Bread over at Sunday Baker.

It's incredible and extremely low in calories.  It makes two loafs and each loaf is only 500 calories.  You could technically eat the whole loaf!  Not that I would ever consider such a thing...

It will be tempting to eat it fresh from the oven scalding the roof of your mouth.  I challenge you to wait until it's chilled in the fridge.  It's tasty fresh from the oven, but it's incredible chilled.  Definitely worth the wait.

Another chicken recipe that went over like fireworks was this incredibly simple Teriyake recipe I found on AllRecipes.

My hubby isn't a big fan of ginger (therefore not a fan of traditional teriyake sauce) so when I saw the main seasoning was cinnamon I thought we may have a winner.  Sure enough we all LOVED this.  I highly recommend it.  We just ate it over brown rice.  I think I will try marinating some chicken and grilling it next time.  That sounds incredible!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix water, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and cinnamon. Place desired meat in the mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before grilling as desired.

No comments: