Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pop Goes the Tire and the Tire Goes Pop

Today started out innocently enough.

I got up early and went for a 3 mile run.  The first in a long while due to Plantars Fasciitis.  I am pain free due to the Birkenstocks I got off eBay (1/2 what they cost at the Legends!).  As long as I don't ever go barefoot, the pain is history. 

After my run I got cleaned up, made the kids lunch and then cut Paige's hair.  No big deal.

I decided to run to Wal-Mart to get Scott's Turf Builder so I could treat the lawn (I'm such a poser, I have no idea what I'm talking about.  The Scott's guy tried to get us to hire him.  He gave us a schedule of what they would do if we did.  The schedule said they'd put down Turf Builder about now, so I did.)

Jared and I have been saving/planning for an in ground basketball goal for a couple years.  Before our move we were looking at concreting the driveway, then installing the golden goal.  Since we moved, our schedule has moved up as well since not having to concrete cut our budget to a third.

Another family in the subdivision put in a Goaliath Basketball goal recently.  This is the creme de la creme of basketball goals.  On my way home from Wal-Mart I slowed down to witness said goal and drifted right into a storm drain.  I hit...hard.

Since I was so close to home I hoped I could get there quickly to assess the damage.  As soon as I turned into our drive there was a loud POP.

There was a large 6" gash in the side wall.  It was apparently losing air rather quickly and that one little turn into the drive allowed it to fully deflate.

Thankfully we had road hazard on the tires.  After a hour and a half of wrestling the worthless jack that came with the van and having the van slip off the jack almost taking my life, I was able to put on a spare and go back to Wal-Mart.

Don't you hate it when people give you that, "women drivers..." look?  I wasn't texting, calling anyone, or putting on my lipstick.  I was scouting a goal for my hubby so I could see what it was he wanted for Father's Day.

$45 later I have a new tire (road hazard prorates the cost of a new tire), all are balanced and rotated and Gus got a tour of our local Wal-Mart.
Yes, I'm going to be THAT lady :)

It wasn't on purpose.  Brennan and Graham were fishing with the pup and since the spare tire I had on had a leak (yes it does get worse better), I aired it up, grabbed the kids on the way and went as fast as was legal to Wal-Mart.  The spare tire was only about 30% by the time I rolled in.

Can you say "hot mess?"

No comments: