Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Clean Up

Pinterest is slowly but surely changing my life. 

Call me crazy (maybe) but I can't help myself when it comes to all the household tips.

Well here is one of my very favorites.

We have very porous flooring in our kitchen and bathrooms upstairs.  It is difficult to clean and I typically use my Bissell steam mop.  The texture tears up the little fabric covers so I find myself hesitant to mop.  That is gross since we have 5 kids and 2 dogs.

Here is the pin that changed my flooring's life. 

1/4 cup white vinegar 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap 1/4 cup washing soda 2 gallons tap water, very warm Directions: 1 .Place all the ingredients into a bucket and mix well until sudsy. 2 Mop the area with the solution. 3 Not recommended for waxed floors--it may make the wax gunky.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/floor-grease-cutter-cleaner-393210?oc=linkback
 
My floors are shades lighter than they have been since we moved in.  One of the reasons I've been insisting they would be replaced is they are so hard to clean and I feel like they are in a constant state of ewwwww.  Not anymore!
 
They look great and smell great!  Now go, go forth and mop!

No comments: