Monday, August 27, 2012

Life In a Blog Shell

-The Altic house has temporarily been renamed the Babysitter's Club.  The last 3 weeks have been full of tiny people coming and going.  We've had 4 extras most days and I have to admit it's been fun.  I haven't ever really thought of myself as a babysitter but I think it's more I had soo many babies myself.  It's not as difficult now that mine are older.  One day we had 3 one year old's and 2 three year old's and then the boys.  That was the hardest but most enjoyable day.  The babies everywhere was so much fun.  It's been a real blessing to our family both with having playmates and financially.  Several extras hit this month and we were able to just pay the man.  Gotta love that!

-I've been struggling over the last 3 weeks with illness.  First a bronchitis type illness wiped me out for over a week.  Then on Saturday afternoon I had a migraine that ended in the flu.  I finally feel human this morning.  A couple of the tiny people I've kept have been ill with fevers and such.  I can't help but wonder if there's a connection :)

-Ms. Jane and I have been up to the Fort twice this month for early morning runs.  The first was a run for the fallen (5K).  David and Katie R.  and family were all there as well.  That was a tear jerker.  We ran past the cemetery and they gave a flag to a family who had lost a son.  This last Saturday was The Great Escape (4miles).  They had a guy dressed in prison orange run out in front of us and we were to "chase" him.  Let's just say it's a good thing it wasn't real and it wasn't up to me to catch him!  It was raining cats and dogs, but it was still a beautiful run on a beautiful campus.

-We are starting school this week hopefully.  We had postponed due to the babysitting.  It was temporary and I felt too difficult to start with so many extras vying for my attention.  We are waiting impatiently for a shipment from Abeka.  We needed just a few more books, once they come we'll start full force.  Today is a planning day.  I've already organized all the books and the office so now I have to crack them open and pencil out our year.  I'm ready believe it or not.  I'm ready for a schedule and an excuse to be home with just my monkeys.

-As most of you know I have tried just about everything under the sun when it comes to weight loss and fitness.  It's not just an obsession of mine, I really enjoy it and it interests me.  I have decided to try something I haven't ever done before. 

    I'm a pioneer...this is amazing and brand new...are you ready???  I have become a calorie counter!  In all my years I've counted points, counted carbs, cut out sugar, cut out carbs (as low as 30 grams a day) and regardless of my efforts I have done nothing but gain for the last two years.  I have been to the doctor several times insisting there was something wrong with me and she just kept saying, "It's a calories in vs calories out issue."  Angry and frustrated, I left insisting with my running and lifting I was surely burning more than I ate.  I was wrong.  I'll write in more detail in another blog.  Good news is I'm 7lbs down and thrilled to see the scale going down vs up for the first time in 2 years!

No comments: