Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Incentive

I went from working at the Y as a Certified Personal Trainer and training for a marathon to being the biggest couch potato...ever...

I suppose it was a revolt, a rebellion against all things physical.  I tend to be an all or nothing type of personality so I went all in for a couple years.  Working out most days of the week and running 6-7 miles at a time.  Burn out was coming and even though it seemed obvious, there didn't seem to be any stopping it.

My weight has been hovering within the same 5-7lbs but areas are getting much softer :)  I keep thinking I'll make use of that awesome workout room downstairs...tomorrow.  The desire for physical fitness has returned but my get up and go is still missing.

Sunday, Ms. Katie R. asked if I would be interested in running a 1/2 marathon with her in April...at Myrtle Beach. 

I FOUND IT.  I found my get up and go!  Apparently it's been vacationing at the beach!  She has a rental car and hotel room all lined up so as long as I can get a plane ticket I'm golden.  I am currently exhausting every possible connection trying to find an affordable way to get down there.  If you know of any tips or tricks to get a cheap plane ticket please share. 

I started training yesterday (I'm working on a 20 week schedule) and my hip flexors are SORE this morning. 

I'm so excited to get back into running shape and to go on a neat trip with my sweet friend.  What an awesome opportunity!

No comments: