Thursday, March 10, 2011

Discretion!

I noticed I haven't posted as regularly as I would like.  I try to post every other day or more.

That doesn't mean that I'm not writing.  I have a new habit.  I write blogs and never publish them.

There is a growing list of articles that will never see blog light (vs daylight, hee hee I'm witty).  It's surprising how cathartic it is just to write out my feelings or latest issues.  Not everything is for public consumption.

It has been a goal/mission of mine to be honest.  As a young girl I struggled with lying and making my own reality.  After being confronted and recognizing that God calls us to honesty and truth, I made it my mission to remove half truths, deception, and lies from my life.

It may seem to some that I share more than I should, that I lack discretion.  My sweet friend said to me, "I think that in your desire for honesty you feel you have to give full disclosure."  She was spot on!  I don't want to ever feel like I'm withholding information or being deceptive in anyway.

Now, in my mid 30's, I'm learning the art of discretion.  Being fully honest, all while allowing private things to remain private.

Writing is a blessing in my life.  I love being able to express myself in this way and work through the wide range of emotions I face as a woman.  Jared encouraged me to write to work through losing my dad.  Little did I know it would become a vice for all life's trials and triumphs.

Thank you all for reading my ramblings!

No comments: