Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Random Catch Up

-This past Saturday we celebrated little Noah's birthday. Cindy asked for a Power Ranger's cake and said Noah's favorite is the blue Power Ranger.
When we arrived he ran up to me and said, "Dats my sim-bo power!" Translated, That's my symbol power! I always consider a cake a success if the person it's intended for recognizes whatever I was asked to make :) Here's Noah and his sim-bo power:


-A neighborhood near our house had a huge banner up for most of last week proclaiming a neighborhood garage sale over the weekend. I went on Friday hoping for one or two early openers. Nada. Then on Saturday I drove through again to find not a single sale. Not one! Wouldn't you think that they HOA would make sure at least one house was participating before advertising with a big ol' sign?!

-At the prompting of a friend I purchased Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30.
It sells at Wal-Mart for $10 and she wanted to do the 30 days together while keeping each other accountable.  I haven't ever watched Biggest Loser (which I realize is odd) but I now have it Tivo'd.  The best part of doing the workout was realizing how similar her workouts are to what I design for my clients.  #1 She's obviously a super successful trainer so that was encouraging.  #2 If you can't afford a trainer this is a great resource to get into shape with a 30 min a day commitment. 

-I had a meeting at work the other day and found out that the Y offers a program called "Semi-Private Training."  Keep in mind Personal Training runs from $35-$55 per hour.  This Semi-Private training offers unlimited training sessions over the course of a month for $99/month.  We're going to meet 2-3 times a week for a 1 hour workout.  I'm going to be putting together a small group of 5-6 people to train.  If you're interested let me know.  It's a fantastic deal.

-For all you Sam's clubbers out there.  We don't have a membership but I would really like some of their gigantic Washington apples.  So, if you're going there anyway, let me know and I would love to purchase some apples :)  They're almost as big as your head and so very yummy.  One of my favorite snacks!

-Graham has a funny quirk as of late.  He gets distracted so easily.  He comes up to me and says, "Momma, Momma, Momma..."  When I respond he looks at me blankly.  After a few moments of searching his brain he ends up just saying, "I love you."   I've started asking if he needed a drink? A snack?  Was something wrong?  Sometimes I can remind him of what he wanted, most times I just get a sweet I love you :)

No comments: