Friday, July 22, 2011

5 Years?!

Today is the 5 year anniversary of my Dad's passing.  That is really hard for me to believe.  He has been on my mind and heart a lot the last couple weeks.  It's amazing how grief comes in waves. 

I witnessed someone being surprised by their Dad.  He lives states away and walked up behind her and she embraced him and exclaimed, "Daddy!" Tears poured without warning. 

I miss you
While searching my photo album for pictures to post my computer kept offering pictures of Brennan thinking it was Dad.  This is a pic from when Dad was about Brennan's age.  I wish we had known the similarities while he was still alive.  I think he would have liked the idea of a "mini me".
This week I have had an opportunity to minister to someone going through a tragic loss.  In fact there have been several opportunities in the last couple years to really love on someone who was struggling with the "why" of it all. 

As painful as this has been in my life and the life of my family, I am thankful that I can use my experience to comfort others.  It feels as if all the grief and tears are not in vain. 

No comments: