Wednesday, July 20, 2011

To Cut Or Not to Cut

I have been asking your advice for quite some time due to my indecisiveness.  Today was my appointment and I went in with great anticipation.

Before I left the house Jared gave me the nod to do as I please with my tresses.  I was chatting with my friend last night and came to the realization that I treat my hair as a security blanket in a way.  Weird but true.

It's been super long for about 9 years and when I'm thin (as I intend to stay) my face gets gaunt and the long hair seems to make it look longer and thinner.  So...here we go!

Becky W. at A Shear Thing Salon helped me realize why I was so hesitant.  As a redhead, I receive compliments simply due to the color of my hair.  She said, "You think, the more red I have the more compliments I'll receive." 

I realized she's right.  There are days when I feel down in the dumps and then someone will say something nice about my hair and it just lifts my spirits.  She said, "You'll still receive those compliments especially if it's cut and looks healthy."  Then she pulled my ends up over my shoulder and said with a smile, "These aren't pretty." 

She hit the nail on the head.  It's time.  OFF WITH IT!

Here it is from the back:
That's about an 8" difference!
And here's from the front:

It's shorter in the back and angles down in the front.  I'm super pleased with it!!!  She did a great job and I didn't cry a single tear :)

Please follow THIS LINK and comment on my picture.  There's a contest and I could win $50 in free product at A Shear Thing. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!!

Mom Anita

Alisa said...

you are purty!!

and I like your new hair too :)