Thursday, December 6, 2012

Count your Blessings

-Tanner turns 11 in 12 days.  Our little scavenger loves to find "treasures" wherever he goes.  He tries to keep everything he comes across and mom has to step in or we would have a hoarder in our basement.  He has jars of shiny things he has found here and there.  All he wanted for his birthday was a metal detector.  After a lot of discussion and searching, we found a "starter" metal detector that is for children.  I can't wait to see his face.  Today I told him we bought him something super cool for his birthday but he had to use it for me just once.  I have visions of finding long lost diamond rings and what ever would an 11 year old do with a ring?  When I told him it was neat and he could use it for me he immediately said, "You got me my very own pots and pans??!!"  Uh...no...  At first I was taken aback, but as soon as we got home he started in on some homemade cinnamon rolls.  Such a sweet kid.

-I was sitting in the kitchen and Graham walked up behind me and placed his tiny paws on my shoulders and started to massage my neck.  He said, "ohhhh, you are looking text."  I assume he meant tense, either way it cracked me up and we were both giggling.  Goofy little guy.

-Have you heard Brennan speak lately?  I swear his voice gets deeper by the day.  He asked me yesterday if he could drive the van home.  I looked at him like he was half crazy and he said, "Can't I start driving at 14 with a permit?  That's not that far off."  YIKES STRIPES FRUIT STRIPED GUM!!!  He's right!  Smokes, where does the time go?

-Anneliese is starting to talk more and more like a young girl vs a toddler.  I know it's good, but it makes me kinda sad.  I love her little voice and the way she pieces things together.  If something has already happened it happened, "yesterdays" and if it has yet to come it's, "to later."  I'm going to miss her little turns of phrase as she matures past them.  She'll be 4 before we know it!  Those keeping track at home, this is the longest we've gone without a pregnancy since this whole show began.  It's a little strange honestly.

-Elijah is growing further away from the angry stage of his past and closer to a soft sweet charmer.  I am so thankful, and while it seems obvious his hormonal self will still have difficult stages, they're becoming rare.  Once in a while I get a hug and a kiss unsolicited.  They absolutely warm my heart.

God is so good and I'm so thankful for my 5 blessings.

1 comment:

Twisted said...

Yeah, it comes fast. We now have two with permits. One doesn't want to and the other wants to drive every piece of junk mail to the recycle bin at the nearby church. Our you checking the growth chart during this time of squeaky deep voices? Good luck keeping the keys out of his hands.