Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I would love to show you amazing pictures of the woman's retreat.  Unfortunately I was so worked up over speaking that I didn't think to take a single one!  I currently have a call into my sweet friend over at The Sweet Life to see if she has any pictures.  So, check back.  I may add one this afternoon.

The retreat was a great success.  We had over 50 women registered and on Friday night there were closer to 65.  At one point I counted the chairs and there were 67 and just about every one had a warm body in it. This is the best turn out in years, decades even.  I am so thankful to Rhonda M. for the willingness to put all the hard work into planning and praying for this reach out. 

I felt incredibly blessed and humbled by my friends and family who came to support me.  You make me smile just when I think about it.  There was a time or two my name was chanted from a group in the back corner.  Thank you for showing your love to me in this way.  My insecurities were through the roof and you gave me so much love and comfort. 

I have to admit, I'm thankful it's over for now.  I feel great relief and was hugely blessed/humbled by the experience.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (New Living Translation)

9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 

I am so thankful for God's work in my life.  I am thankful for all the trials and triumphs because He has used them to mold me. 

In the words of Sara Groves,

"Take me, Make me, Break me..."  All for His glory. 

No comments: