Friday, February 4, 2011

Writer's Block

I don't have a whole lot of new stuff to say :)

I've been working on my talks for the woman's retreat and scripting them out.  Apparently that is soaking up all my writing juices.

Add to that, I'm working every bit I can, and there's not a lot of extra time for much of anything. 

It has come to my attention that the girl will be two in a little over a month.  That is crazy talk.  Grahahmalama will be 5! and then in just a few more weeks Eli will be 7!  How is this possible?! 

Jared and I like to discuss what we can do to better parent our brood almost daily.  The big conviction and realization came Sunday when Jared mentioned we let Graham off with warning after warning.  The little guy is just so cute and witty we often shout warnings vs actually disciplining him. 

In working on this, I also realized that I'm bad about sending him off.  He's not in school just yet, and he doesn't nap anymore.  So during the afternoon hours he's on his own and often wants to chat at me.  I don't listen to him and after several sentences I'll send him away to find something to do.  Poor kid.

We fall into the trap a lot of families do.  I get wrapped up in the day to day and forget to engage in the little things.  In this case, the little thing is Graham.  

This morning I snuggled his tiny self up and talked to him about his upcoming birthday.  Apparently he likes Spider-man.  So we'll have a Spider-man cake and he requested a bucket of trains for a gift.  It's time to soak up these moments because they go by so very quickly.

No comments: