Thursday, December 29, 2011

Losing It's Allure

Jared asked his mom to watch the kids today so he could take me to my favorite restaurant (insert ahhhs here).

I didn't eat this morning because I wasn't really hungry.  I had a cup of coffee and by 11 I was feeling nibbly but I wanted to save my hunger for Jose's.  Hey, what girl wouldn't?  I debated what to get feeling free to chose what ever I wanted, knowing I would only eat until I was full. 


I picked the pollo magnifico because its, well, magnifico.  I got the lunch special and nibbled on a few chips while waiting for my plate.


The plate arrived and it was glorious. 

I ate the little mound of sweet mush.  I don't know what it is but I love it so I ate Jared's too.  Then I started in on the cheesy chickeny goodness.  Pushing aside the rice and beans, I slowly ate one of the mounds o' goodness.  It was tasty, it filled me and I asked for a to go box.


There weren't fireworks.  No one sang a song in honor of this plate of indulgence.  In fact, it was just food.  I was kinda surprised at my lack of emotion.  Could it be that removing the taboo or restriction from myself has removed the temptation?  There was no feeling of getting away with something.  I wasn't sneaking or cheating or taking a day off from my diet.  I was just sitting at lunch with my husband eating nummy food.


I boxed up the remaining pollo and had it for dinner with a small bowl of enchilada soup.  Its the end of the day and I'm satisfied, done eating for the day and all I've consumed is one order (sans rice and beans) of pollo magnifico and a small bowl of soup. 


I'm not saying I'm cured, that food will never be an issue again.  I am saying that I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and I am thankful for the healing God provides.  There is so much in my life He has brought healing to and I am realizing I thought this would just be my issue from now until glory.  I am thankful to see that doesn't have to be the case.

No comments: