Monday, June 18, 2012

Brown Bear

Yesterday I took a van load of kids up to camp.

I had Cora, Kelby, Trent, Samantha, Tanner, and Elijah.

We left the church around 1:30 and we were the first campers to arrive.  After checking all the kids in and making sure they were settled, I wandered around a little bit not wanting to leave.

On the ride up I started getting really anxious about leaving Eli.  He just turned 8 and he's not really even done very many sleep overs (maybe one or two).  He's a big boy, but he's still very young.

During my wandering I walked into the canteen to look at the T-shirts and Eli followed me in.  It was just the two of us and I told him I was struggling to leave him.  I teased him about who would tuck him in at night, and kiss his face etc (I typically have to pin him down to the floor, he's not a willing participate).  

My strong straight faced little man tucked his face into the crook of my arm and began to cry.

NOOOOOO!!!! 

I asked him why he was upset and he said he was just a little scared but not to take him home.  He wanted to stay.

Rip my heart out!

I loved on him and then he started giggling through his alligator tears.  He was so excited just a little apprehensive. 

Please pray for all the kids and the staff that these young impressionable children have a wonderful week learning more about Christ.

No comments: