Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wonder Years

It seems as if our family has entered a new stage of life.

It's kinda weird for this homebody homeschool mom.

At any given time, over the last couple weeks, I will only have only a portion of my kids at home.

Last week was Wallula's VBS so we sent our older 4 over.  Jared got up with them, delivered them, and brought them home.  Anneliese and I were home alone for 3.5 hours each morning.

Tanner and Graham have decided to take up residency at the Haggerty's since their best friends are Trent and Tommy.  They stayed the night twice last week and spent full days on either side of the sleep over.

Brennan is at Mission Lake Christian camp this week.  He'll be gone the full week since he is now in Junior High!

Next week Tanner and Elijah will be gone through Thursday for their Mission Lake experience.

We've also decided that it's time to start testing the older two with spurts of staying home.  If I need to run a red box movie back to McDonald's two miles away, I'll take the younger kids and let the older two stay home.  So far these little tests are about 15 minutes long, but it's about time to start letting them have a little freedom/responsibility.

I don't know if it's because there are 5, or if it's because I'm getting older or what exactly, but this is awesome.  I'm ready to move forward.  We were in the baby stages for so long and I mourned each baby growing until Anneliese.  I just knew we were complete.  So instead of mourning, I savored.

It's fun to see them mature and grow.

We giggle constantly at their wit and humor.

We roll our eyes and grin at the voices cracking.

"Are you wearing deodorant?!"  Is asked daily.

These are the years that they will remember, the years they will savor. 

1 comment:

Twisted said...

It is so nice to see them handling responsibility and allowing you to run errands without having to load everyone in the van. They can now help out in so many ways that just weren't possible before - reach the sink to wash dishes. Yes!