Saturday, November 17, 2012

Polka Dot Polka Dot Run Into Your Gloria Gloria

My little girl has become obsessed with Madagascar.  She has watched all three at least a dozen times each.  We rented the 3rd on Red box and she mourned when we had to return it and still asks us to "go get mine movie back please."

I don't know how much more of "Polka Dot Polka Dot Afro" I can handle.


This last week or two I have had Reign Forever by Hillsong flowing through my brain.  I would say "stuck" but I love it and who doesn't want to wake up singing "Oh, I run into your arms, I run into your arms.  The riches of your love, will always be enough.  Nothing compares to your embrace, Light of the World forever reign!"


Unfortunately, this Madagascar brain washing has removed my beautiful song of worship and replaced it with this


Why you ask?  How is this possible?

2 things

1.  The rotund hippo on all three movies is named Gloria and I have been listening to David Schwimmer say,  "Gloria" hundreds of times a day.

2.  I'm a child of the 80's and these songs are permanently embedded into my memory even if I haven't heard them in 20 years.  I literally sang this to my daughter word for word while dancing and tickling her. 

Lord help me....

No comments: