Thursday, November 15, 2012

What?! 2 Posts in a Month?? Wha hoo!

-We had our Thanksgiving meal last night at church.  I was really pleased at how many came.  We had pretty much every chair spoken for and tons of food.  All in all a great success!  We are so thankful to you all!  You are a blessing to our family and always seem to show us love and encouragement when we need it the most.  Thank you!

-I am looking to sell my beloved Grand Caravan and replace it with an older, 03-04, (read cheap, yet dependable without ridiculous mileage) Suburban.  Yes, that van.  No worries, it will look like new before we actually list it.  We want to have a vehicle that allows our boys not to have their knees to their ears and still have space for groceries without vehicle debt (or at least very little).  If you know of such a suburban or know someone who'd be interested in our van or someone who wants to trade such a suburban for my van let me know! :) 

-We are taking all of next week off of school. PAR-TAY!!!  I'm very excited and ready for a break.  I always look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas for our wonderful breaks to sleep in and wear pj's all day and do a whole lotta nothing.  YAY!  The only real difference from our normal routine is the "whole lotta nothing" but still, YAY!

-Go to church.  Please.  First of all, its biblical Hebrews 10:25.  Second, it's an encouragement to everyone there and it will be an encouragement to you as well.  You under estimate what simply showing up does for all those involved.  You are loved and missed.  Come on Sunday and you'll see.

-I've been gluten free for about 6 weeks.  It ain't so bad.  Seeing sweet Raygen M. handle it with grace makes me feel pretty foolish for my private temper tantrums.  I have been illness free since I've been eating this way.  That's a pretty big deal and I'm thankful for it!

-Everyone (seemingly) on Facebook has been participating in a month of Thanksgiving name things daily that they are thankful for.  I'm going to sum it up in a bullet point.  Ready...Set...Go...  I am thankful for a gracious God who loves me in spite of myself, I am thankful for a gracious husband and children who do the same.  Without those I would be a very angry, lost, hopeless shell of a woman.  Thank you Lord for your Son, and for my beloved family that has taught me what unconditional love truly is.  God is good.

No comments: