Thursday, November 8, 2012

Random Post is Better Than No Post :)

-While my candidate did not win, I will support and pray for President Obama.  It is important that we remember:

"We are not moving anywhere. This nation, with all of its imperfections, is the greatest, most free nation on the planet. Whatever the outcome, we will pray for our President (Romans 13), honor him with our words and actions (I Peter 2), obey him (Titus 3), and continue to speak God's truth which leads to true freedom (John 8). Willing to join us?"
                              -Micah Gellatt, Facebook status after the election was called.  Couldn't have said it better. We will be known by our love.

New Living Translation (NLT) John 13:35
35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

-This whole Gluten Free thing is a frustrating beast.  I have learned to wash my hands constantly.  Cooking for a gluten eating family has been cross contaminating pretty much every thing I'm eating.  I've also learned not to eat anything I haven't prepared myself.  I ordered a GF pizza at the Sprint Center and while it tasted amazing, I suffered for it later.  They tried, but it was cross contaminated some how.  My vitamins have gluten in them and I didn't realize it until about a week ago.  IT'S EVERYWHERE!  The learning curve is high but I'm getting it.

My Favorite lunch:
4 corn tortillas (220 cals)
1/3 cup shredded cheese (110 cals)
3 oz of Aldi canned chx (120 cals)
Salsa and a touch of sour cream (60 cals)

I put two tortillas in a metal pan, add the chicken and cheese and then top with the remaining tortillas.  Bake at 415 for about 10 minutes and then flip and cook another 5.  Gluten free and super yummy and not high calorie.  I'm finding it's hard to find gluten free that isn't high in calories.  I'm working on making the two meld better.

-I want to skip the Holidays if that's OK with you.  I'm super thankful and I love Jesus, but I really want to sleep through the eating part.  Food has too close a tie to my emotions and this season is going to be really frustrating.  I can't help but think that this whole thing is a way God plans to break that tie once a for all.  Honestly, if that is the result of all this, there are worse things.  God is good.

-I ran into a stationary metal post with my van.  Yup, I got skilzzzz.  In my defense, I was backing out of a very steep driveway and couldn't see it.  The fact that I was on the phone with Jared means absolutely nothing.  Isn't it pretty???  I'm in the process of getting bids.  Normally I would just say, whatever...it's just a car.  But this scratch is to the meal and it will rust, so I went ahead and turned it in.  Hopefully we won't be without it too long.  Thankfully we have two vans (I'm pretty sure I just heard Jared cringe from the church.  Poor guy doesn't love driving a van).


No comments: