Friday, November 6, 2009

Taking Inventory

Have you ever gone through a spell where you just felt like every word and every action done by others was being used by God to convict and refine you?

I am really there right now.

It's a painful place but I am fully aware that this is a good thing that will leave me closer to Him, and create in me a better mother, wife, and friend.

My current convictions/goals:

-Engage! It is my desire to make eye contact and respond to my children every time they approach me. It's easy with 5 little people vying for my attention to wear out and stop giving them the attention and time they deserve and desire.

-Read! I do not spend enough time reading and dwelling on God's promises. I have decided that it is essential for my spiritual growth and depth to dig deeper into scripture and allow it to comfort and convict!

-Hush! My mouth is a dangerous place. I have got to get my tongue and my heart under God's control.

I would appreciate your prayers as the Lord continues to take inventory of my spiritual closet. I am eager and willing to follow His leading and His will.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! I love you and I'll pray for you! God has brought you a long way and I know He will continue to grow you because of your humble and willing attitude!

Mom Anita