Thursday, June 2, 2011

Anniversary Extravaganza

Jared and I left the house at about 11 yesterday and headed to the Plaza. Anita and Hannah have the kiddos and they seem to be doing great!

We wandered around the Plaza a bit but when we got the call from the hotel our room was ready, we headed over.

We're staying at The Raphael. Since our Anniversary fell during the week, we have a beautiful room for 1/2 the price. It's so beautiful I'm going to take some pics today and I'm seriously considering decorating our new bed and bath "in honor" of our stay. Jared and I have decided to make this a yearly date. It's so nice and so close to home.

Unfortunately, I've been struggling with a nasty cold. When we checked in yesterday I teased Jared that we are obviously getting older. We took a 2 hour nap. I was so thankful for the rest, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make it the rest of the day.

Last night we used our gift certificates for New Theatre. The show was The Odd Couple. It was super cute and dinner was delish. As icky as I feel, I'm thankful it's a cold and not the flu. I have been able to enjoy the yummy food and the huge soaking tub clears my sinuses and soothes my aches and pains.

I slept great last night and now I'm enjoying coffee and watching the travel channel while Jared sleeps in. Jared promised me a quick stop by Lowes and Home Depot on the way home, my two favorite places.

We've had a wonderful, restful time. We feel so blessed.

No comments: