Saturday, August 20, 2011

Change Of Many Colors

-I am officially unemployed.  I have to say that was a hard to decision due to our economy.  Not very many people are quitting jobs voluntarily.  However, this stay at home/homeschooling/planning a move momma of 5 needed one less thing.  I will miss Ebony, but I won't miss never sitting down to dinner with my family.

-We've been dog sitting a 6 month old Doxie for the Robins family.  She goes home today and I think Sophie will celebrate by having a party.  Sophie is a passive dog and this tiny long bodied fuzz ball has been dominating her.  I can't help but tell my dog, "Stand up for yourself!  Get a backbone!"  She just looks at me with that dead behind the eyes beagle stare.  In a way I miss my Moe, but then again having two animals begging to go in and out, tracking in and out, smelling like dogs, etc.  It's nice to dog sit, get my fill, and send her home :)  I can only assume grand parenting will be similar.  HA!

-Our moving time frame is coming to a close.  Our contract on the Hubbard house ends Sept 15.  We greatly appreciate prayers.  There is a lot that has to fall into place over the next couple weeks to ensure we get to move.  There is a lot of interest in the house from 2 different parties.  But, as we all know, nothing is done until papers are signed. 

-The kids are starting school a tad later than everyone else it seems.  I have an opportunity to order their books and save $70 in shipping but I can't order them until Wednesday at an Abeka open house.  I was thinking we would start having some "school time" with sitting down and reading and writing starting Monday.  We'll start our curriculum as soon as it arrives.  We'll have a 5th, 4th, 2nd, and Kindergartener! 

-Brennan is getting baptized Sunday!  We are so excited.  The other day  he just looked at me and asked, "Mom, why aren't I baptized?"  Umm, I don't know.  I told him it was up to him and we were waiting for him to decide.  He said he just really felt like he should be.  When he talks about it he gets a little weepy and insists his allergies are acting up :)  He'll be 11 in a month.  We always say he looks like me but is just like his dad.  He's making a very rational decision but can't help but be a little sentimental about it.  So sweet. 

No comments: