Friday, August 12, 2011

Times of Refreshing

What a blessing this rain and cooler temps have been!

The boys have been riding their bikes and the yard is getting green again.

Things are looking up.  We have a showing today, YAY, and I'm praying that they are the one.  It only takes one ;)

In the midst of a pity party a couple weeks ago that included crying and a bit of pouting, my glasses broke and fell right off my face.  My response was mature and rational.  I grabbed the broken frames and yelled, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"  You may remember these are the same frames that lost an arm 5 days into owning them.  Thankfully Mindy C. mentioned a few months back she had some extra frames if I was interested.  I messaged her and she dropped them by the house.  I took them into the Doc on Monday and they put my prescription in free of charge!  They came in this morning and now I'm sporting cute frames with 2 attached arms!

I posted a double oven on Craigslist that I had purchased for the new house.  We spent a chunk of our savings knowing what a great deal it was.  The problem is, it doesn't fit.  So now we have this beautiful oven sitting in our garage and our savings acct is still empty.  Today I received a phone call from a nice older couple in St. Joe that are very interested in our oven and our recliner!  They'll be here shortly after the showing. 

Today has so much potential.  I am excited and eager to see what the day brings.

Regardless of the outcome, I am thankful for this time.  The last four months has been full of ups and downs in all areas of our lives.  When I pray I thank Him for all of it.  I know that this is a time of growth for us.  I pray for our church family, I pray for those who love us, and I pray for those who don't.  In some ways it's been a difficult summer, but He has a plan and I love the rain.  The healing rain that comes only from Him.


No comments: