Friday, March 23, 2012

Whatcha Been Up To?

On the 11th we had the Altic clan over to celebrate March birthdays. We celebrated Kennedy, Anneliese, Kelby and Graham. It was a full house and so much fun!


We had a whole lot of decorative grass next to this big green box (I believe it holds the electric for the whole block).  I decided to cut it back since everything is greening up.  My blades were dull and I wouldn't be detoured so I pulled out the hose and a lighter and lit them.  They went up like I'd drenched them in gasoline.  The neighbors came running out looking a bit panicked.  I just grinned.  Jared told me, even though we did the same at Russell, he didn't plan to burn here.  He didn't want the neighbors to think we're hillbillies.  Well, they were bound to find out eventually :)
I'm obsessed with this dog.  It's a Pomeranian and Siberian Husky mix, or Pomsky.  I don't know the logistics of how this breed was created.  It does make you scratch your chin doesn't it?  Regardless, I have always loved the markings of a Husky but prefer small dogs.  This is a match made in Fluffer-Nutter heaven!  I want one like yesterday.  So precious!
The kids and I went to Topeka last Saturday for the St. Patrick's Day parade.  My little brother, Will, pulled a float with his John Deer.  Here's some pics of the festivities.  The kids really seemed to like the parade from the float perspective. 


Early Monday morning the kids and I headed up to Mission Lake Christian Camp.  They were having a work week.  The men had tons of projects they wanted to accomplish over the course of 4 days and asked me to cook for them.  It was trying with the kiddos because of all the rain and construction equipment, but this made it all better.  Chocolate chip cookie overload
Sunday we were blessed with a visitor.  Joy M's sister Jessica came to church with her two little ones.  We've been friends since we were kids and I always love to see her.  She was telling me about a friend who made her daughter a Rapunzel wig out of yarn.  Challenge Accepted!!!  So I searched the internet and found a tutorial.  It cost $2.75 for the yarn and about a hour of my time and she's absolutely giddy. 

So, that's what we've been up to :)

No comments: