Saturday, July 12, 2014

Beach Bathroom Redo

One of the biggest blessings of moving into this house is that we went from one shower to three.  For a family of 7, sharing one bathroom was a huge inconvenience and as the kids grew it would just have become a bigger issue.

The kids bathroom downstairs was one of the last rooms to receive some attention.  We've been here almost 3 years and it didn't even have a mirror above the sink until about 2 months ago.  It's been neglected and gross honestly.  The boys didn't mind, they loved having their own space.

While they were gone this week I decided to give it some much needed attention.  Here are some pics of it when we purchased the house.  This is a huge bathroom with a stand alone shower.  It's such a blessing!

I've never been shy of my love of the ocean.  I was 32 before I ever laid eyes on it and I've been in awe ever since.  It beckons me.  I was so in awe of God's majesty the first time I saw it I literally cried.  So I decided to make the boys bathroom a little reminder.

I started by painting the walls a beautiful blue that reminded me of the sky.  The tile is a perfect "sand."  We made markers with arrows that accurately direct you to the closest beach (notice how insanely far!)  Total Cost:  $16 1 gallon of paint; $5 for surf board rug; $13 for lumber; $5 for teal paint and a couple paint sponges.  Not bad for $39!  The boys were giddy. 
To the East

Thank you Gripp for cutting my "surf board" so I could paint it!

Our shells from our trip to Daytona

Perfect rug found on clearance for $5!!
6ft hand painted sign.  Just LOVE it

To the South



No comments: