Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Edgumacation

I went to the GoodWill with my mom today and hit the jackpot.

The boys are gradually working into their summer and I wanted to make sure they kept up on their reading. Tanner seems to be having far more trouble reading then Brennan did. I love the idea of making weekly trips to the Library but honestly with five kids it's more than difficult to just go hang out there. The younger two make it very hard.

I took about 20 minutes and went through their entire children's section. The boys and I came home with nearly 40 books for only $18. I made sure that all of the books were the right reading level and all of them were of interest for the older two boys.

We have Star Wars, Spongebob, Lego, and even some great bible stories. I found a book called "Children of the World." It is full of information from geography to religion. The boys have spend the afternoon digging through the pile of books and are really excited.

They chose reading over Wii. It warms a home school mom's heart!

No comments: