Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Need Therepy

I just finished switching out the kids winter to summer clothes (finally). I feel the need to admit I have a serious issue. Apparently I have a great fear that my kids will not have enough clothing.

There are over 100 short sleeved shirts that fit my older 3 kids. There are easily 50 pairs of shorts that the older 3 also share.

Last summer we had a shortage of clothes big enough for Tanner. He wears a size larger than Brennan and Elijah. I started shopping garage sales and good will and apparently I lost count (or my mind, I'm not sure which).

We ran out of hangers. I'm going to have to go through all of them and take out the multiples (I like to dress the kids alike at times) and everything that's not in great shape. This is ridiculous! No wonder I feel the laundry is never ending. It's NOT!! And it's my fault. Wow...

Ha! I just had a thought. Just think when Graham is the only one in that size. He'll be able to go all summer without wearing a single thing twice. It's time to reorganize.

3 comments:

Christi said...

Gee, and I thought I was bad. Jenna only has 2 dressers full of clothes. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am salivating over all of your short sleeved shirts. AJ has about 3. I am not sure what happened. However, he has about 20 long sleeved t-shirts. (remember my Mardel's shopping spree of 50 cent shirts...) So some of them may receive a little bit of scissor therapy and be play shirts.

Pam said...

Sounds like a reasonable number of shorts to me. 3 boys x 10 to 15 pairs a week(2 pair a day to make allowance for dirt) equals 45 pair of shorts. You need extra shirts since they tend to collect dirt faster.