Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Falling Behind

Boy howdy I'm struggling to keep all the plates spinning. I know it will get better but right now things are just falling behind.

The other day I had an angry husband when he realized there were not any clean underwear. Well there were clean underwear just not dry underwear. All his (and most everyone else's) whites were sitting in the washer. Not exactly convenient.

This morning he was frustrated when the only clean towel had a small toothpaste mark in the shape of a mouth on it. Apparently it was the victim of last nights tooth brushing regime.

The laundry is my nemesis. It just takes too long and by the time I get one load started 13 other things grab me and I forget to get back to it.

It's not just laundry though. I find I eat lunch later and later everyday. By the time I get everyone else taken care of it can easily be 2 or 3 before I have time to eat. The boys are usually a little nibbly by then and request bites. They are completely perplexed why I absolutely refuse to share with a crazed look in my eye.

Tomorrow I leave for 2 days for a woman's retreat at OCC. It's definitely a needed break. I just hope while I'm gone I can recoup and come back refreshed and ready to jump back in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe Jared could help you with the laundry...

Pam said...

Sounds like it's time for a new homeschool lesson. You could probably teach all three of the older boys though they will still require supervision for quite a while. By the time mine were 10, they could each do their own laundry.