Monday, January 9, 2012

The Girl's Room

Now that we're settled it's time to make this house our home!  I have been really enjoying making small changes here and there.

Yesterday I changed out the kitchen cabinet pulls from a modern brushed nickle to an old world antiqued bronze.  So pretty!  I had a couple light fixtures I had picked up off Craigslist over the last several months and those went up almost immediately.  Tomorrow Richard and I are going to take down the silver fans in the master bed and living room and give them an old world make over with a can of spray paint.  I'll post a blog with the pics later.

Today I plan to take on Anneliese's room.  It's blue and blue just won't do!  I went to Wal-Mart this morning to pick up an iHome radio from a Craigslister for the workout room.  I decided to run in and to my delight they had 2 gallons of apple green in the miss tints!  SCORE.  Everything she owns is pink so I thought a fresh green wall would be a nice compliment to all the pink.  I can't wait to see it done and finally put up her curtains.  There is also a chandelier in her future.  I found a cheap black iron kitchen chandelier on craigslist for $10 that will get a shiny coat of white paint and some pretty pink beads before it goes up. 

Anyone else just love home projects?  I live for this stuff!  Stay tuned for pics of the madness :)

No comments: