Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's That Time Again

I have been asked to speak at the Woman's retreat again this year on February 17, 18.

I went through a very similar time of upheaval last year preparing.

God has decided to work me over, air out my closets, and grow me in ways I didn't realize I needed.

I have been reading a lot lately.  Some good, some bad, some life changing.  Regardless of what I consume intellectually He is using it for His glory.  There seems to be a common thread and I'm excited that it falls perfectly in line with this years' theme (not surprisingly).

When reading through So Long Insecurities by Beth Moore she reminds us that God has granted us strength and dignity and given us security about our future.

Proverbs 31:25
New Living Translation (NLT)
 25 She is clothed with strength and dignity,
      and she laughs without fear of the future. 


I can't think of a better way to show a woman love!  To grant us security and strength.  God has given us dignity and no one can take that from us.  
What great love He has lavished on us!  That we should be called children of God.  I ask that you would be in prayer for those of us teaching and preparing for the retreat as well as for the hearts of the women who will be attending.

I truly believe we all need to be reminded what awesome powerful God we serve that has only our best in the forefront of His mind.

Jeremiah 29:11
New Living Translation (NLT)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments: