Monday, February 27, 2012

Day After Tomorrow!

I may be getting a tad excited about our pending trip.

Our living room is lined with suit cases and my kitchen counter has lots of snacks.  We have already purchased Mickey Mouse t-shirts.  If nothing else, I am frugal.  I figure Goodwill and Wal-mart in Kansas would be a tad cheaper than Disney World.  New t-shirts for the whole family, $34.  Not bad :)

I am seriously considering purchasing the plush Mini Mouse and Micky Mouse toys our Wal-Mart has for Easter at $9 each for the younger two and giving them to them on the trip.  They are about a foot tall and I'm sure the same plush toy in Disney would be twice that.

There was a point yesterday when I sat in my chair in my room and cried (those of you who went to the women's retreat know this a regular thing for me).  Jared and I just feel so blessed to be able to provide such an amazing memory for our brood.    I can't wait to take a picture of my Cinderella obsessed daughter with the actual Cinderella.  Anneliese's 3rd bday is in just a couple weeks and I plan to have that pic in a frame next to her Cinderella cake. 

The boys are completely ignorant of what Disney is.  Anneliese seems to be coming down with a cold and I talked briefly about what we would do if she was too sick to go.  The boys said, "We wouldn't go to Disney if she didn't come right?  We don't want to see the Princesses."

They have no idea and I have no desire to describe it.  It will be amazing just to see their reactions when we get there. 

In the grand scheme of this life and God's plan, I know trips like these are a want vs a need.  That's obvious, but I love that our God is not just a God of judgement and correction.  He is also our Abba, our Father, our Daddy.  He delights in our joys and cries in our sorrows. 

James 1:17

New Living Translation (NLT)
17 Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.[a] He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.[b]


Thank you Father for allowing such a gift.  We are so very thankful!!

No comments: