Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fri and Saturday were the Men's Retreat up at Mission Lake and my spouse asked that I cook again.

It was good and the food was well received but I'm exhausted!

Paired with Superbowl and I'm ready to order take out for the next week.  No more baking/cooking for this momma.

I made:

18 loaves of wheat bread for French Toast Saturday morning.

45 homemade rolls/buns

20 lbs pulled pork

10 lbs potato salad

75 chocolate chip cookies

45 cinnamon rolls plus icing

1 large breakfast casserole consisting of 2 dozen eggs, 4lbs of sausage, a loaf of bread, and 8 cups of cheddar cheese.

22 men (5 little Altic men, mine plus Kelby, and 2 Altic girls) consumed almost every ounce of food.  There was some French toast and pulled pork but not much.

Jared and I really enjoy serving and ministering together.  I pray that the men that attended were blessed by a night/morning off to focus on their roles as fathers, husbands, and leaders.

We are so thankful for all of you and your willingness to serve and teach.

No comments: