Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lighter Fare

After a couple dreary blogs I decided to share something I've been keeping somewhat secret.

I am addicted to Kohls.

Please don't judge me.

It appeals to my bargain frugal side like nothing else.

That little receipt that says "you saved $xxx.xx today"  makes my heart flutter.

We have always been a family of hand me downs, thrift stores and garage sales.  The bulk of our wardrobes are second hand.  So you can imagine my excitement when I realized I could go pick out something brand new for  the same prices as Goodwill!

I am very careful about my purchases.  I only go when there is a sale (when isn't there really?) and I have a 30% off additional coupon.  I shop the clearance racks and pick up stuff off season.  The perk about that is that Kansas can't decide what season it is so we get to wear some of the stuff right away :)

With Easter approaching I went yesterday to pick up clothes for the family.  Four new shirts for the boys.  Two pairs of jeans (one for Tanner, our biggest and one for Graham, our smallest).  Anneliese has a new dress and adorable pair of sandals for the summer.  Jared needed a new pair of navy dress slacks and I purchased all of that for the cost of the original price of the jeans.  Plus I received Kohl's cash that I will use with another coupon at another sale for some summer shoes for the boys.

I saved....$178!

I only go when we actually need something in order to avoid the "it's such a great deal!!" purchases.

It's such a blessing to be able to just go get what we need when we need it.  Thank you Dave Ramsey! 

No comments: