Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lunch Idea

For the last 4 weeks I have been plugging away at the old Weight Watchers program.  I have iWatcher on my phone and can easily journal my foods.  My goal was just 15lbs to get back to my WW goal weight.

The first couple weeks went great.  I lost 6lbs but then over Easter I gained even though I didn't eat ONE, not ONE piece of Easter candy.  Anything I did eat I planned for and used my points, so to have a gain was a bit upsetting.

Yesterday I took the day off from journaling.  I didn't eat anything crazy but I did just enjoy some chips and salsa without guilt.  Today I'm back on track and ready to make some progress.

I have  a couple things that I am really enjoying that I hadn't had before.  First off, VitaTops.  These have been around a while but were mail order only.  Now they're popping up at Cosco and Target.  My favorite are the chocolate chocolate chip.  I have one every morning with my coffee.  I really look forward to it.  If you see them on sale or have coupons you won't use please let me know.  They're a bit pricey. 
I have always loved Reuben sandwiches. My Dad would order them for me at his favorite little deli.  I've had the Arby's one once or twice and it's pretty good but costs a whopping 19 pts. No thank you.  So I decided to make my own turkey Reuben at home and I LOVE them.  They're smallish and I can have two for lunch for a total of 8 pts.  All you need is a can of krout, some deli turkey and these:
I toast the flatouts in my toaster, heat the turkey and krout in the microwave, spread half a wedge of swiss on each flatout, add a heap of the turkey and krout, then top with the dressing.  They are delicious.

Anyone else out there counting points (my pts values are old WW not Points Plus)?  Lets share some lunch ideas!

No comments: