Monday, April 2, 2012

Encouragement

I really appreciate all the encouragement and messages I received after my last post.

Several people contacted me privately to tell me they could relate and it encouraged them in some way.  That is the primary reason I wrote it.  It's difficult to share such a private struggle so publicly.

Years ago God called me to an authentic life.  Basically meaning you get to see me warts and all.  Why? 

There is no ministry in piety or falsehoods.  Ministry happens when you see that I am broken, damaged, and desperate for a savior just like you.

2 Corinthians 12:9
New Living Translation (NLT)
9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

I am getting better with each day.  It's been a bit of a struggle adjusting to the medication.  There have been a whole lot of tears.  In fact, I thought I was getting worse until I read that it's common at first.  I believe the side affect was listed as "severe bouts of extreme emotion."  Yep, that sounds about right.

My doctor explained that this will be a long journey for me.  The process of correcting the chemical imbalance will take time.  I'm thankful to live in a world that help is available to me and I don't have to suffer unnecessarily.  

God is good regardless of my circumstances.  I pray that if you are struggling that you will seek out help.  I didn't realize how bad it was until it started to fade.  

I am excited to see how God will use me now that all of my emotional energy isn't being eaten up by this.

Amen? 

No comments: