Saturday, September 8, 2012

Food Pin Review

Since Pinterest is such a hit and I spend quite a bit of time on there to find recipes and home decor ideas, I thought I would post some pins I've actually tried and let you know what I thought.

-Homemade Nutter Butter bars over at Cookies and Cups.  These are insanely good.  They are large, like the size of your palm, but it's still hard to eat just one.  I happened to have all the ingredients on hand and needed a quick dessert for a church gathering.  They went over like hotcakes!  These get 5 stars *****

 

-Sugar Cookie Bars over at A Little Bit Crunchy A Little Bit Rock and Roll.  These weren't as awesome as I had imagined. They were okay, and the kids ate them for the most part. They were thick and dry. If I were to make them again I would use a larger pan (I used a Pampered Chef Bar pan) so they would be thinner. These get 3 stars ***

-Guacamole Salsa over at Frosted Bake Shop.   If you love Mexican food like I do you will love this.  It's so tangy and incredibly addictive.  Get a bag of your favorite chips and it's GO TIME!  I ate some fresh from the blender, but it's definitely better after resting over night in the fridge and letting those tastes mingle.  This gets 5 stars *****
-Crock pot Chicken and Dumplings over at BubbleCrumb.Com.  This is a huge favorite of Tanner's.  He asks for this on a regular basis even through the heat of the summer.  There is a trick to this recipe.  You have to have you crock pot on high.  The temp has to get to a boil in order to cook the dumplings right.  Otherwise you end up with goo.  This gets 5 stars *****
-Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites over at my favorite food blog SkinnyTaste.  Seriously, this blog is amazing.  I could write a blog article just listing my favorites from her site alone.  She makes eating healthy taste good.  While you're over there check out her Cilantro Lime Rice paired with her Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken.  If I'm ever sick and need meals due to injury or illness, remember this blog :)  The chicken and rice could sustain me for months.  Back to the Bacon chicken!  We made this for a Super Bowl Party.  I made a ton and it was gone.  This is low carb, gluten free, and delicious! 
5 stars *****

-Crock Pot Pork Chops over at Living, Laughing, and Loving.  First of all, my husband hates ranch dressing.  I know it's unAmerican but he actually calls it "Husband Repellent."  I know if I eat the stuff he won't get near me.  This recipe calls for a Ranch seasoning packet and he loves this recipe.  We make it with chicken.  I tried the pork chops and it was fine, it's just not a favorite of mine.  So simple (only 3 ingredients), smells amazing, and is cooked while you go about your day.  Can't beat that!  5 stars *****
-300 Calorie Oatmeal over at Can You Stay For Dinner.  This is very filling and delicious.  Now that I'm a calorie counter, this is even better.  It's a thick, rich consistency that is full of protein and fiber.  As Fall approaches this will make it's way back into my normal routine.  5 stars *****
The name of each blog above is a link to the recipe.  I have several more so I'll break it up into a couple blogs.  If you have a favorite food pin please link to it in the comments. 

No comments: