Monday, December 13, 2010

Alisa Asked...

If you read the Sweet Life (if not, naughty list for you!!!), then you know Ms. Alisa asked me specifically, "What are you enjoying?"

So I figured I better answer her since I love her.

This morning on my way home from the Argentine center, WAIT just thought of another thing I'm enjoying.

The Argentine Center!  On Monday's and Wednesday's I drive into KCK and teach a class to older adults.  They are all in varying states of health and I am helping them and I'm thankful for that.  We work out for a hour and even though it's a small group, I feel really blessed to be helping them in a real way.  We work on balance, core strength, and basic overall health.  I am free to talk to them about my faith and all in all it's a blessing.

Ok, back to the original thought...This morning on my way home from the Argentine center I heard an interview on Air 1 (another thing I'm enjoying!) with Matthew West.  He was talking about his song "One Last Christmas." Please follow this link and watch the story of Dax (all proceeds from the song and video go to support St. Jude's hospital in loving memory of Dax).

I'm cherishing every moment with my 5 little blessings.  What a reminder of what a blessing and privilege it is to have children.  It's when I think about how desperately I love our kids that the fact of God's sacrifice overwhelms me.  

Christmas is about Christ.  It's about a God who loved us so much that He willingly gave His son so that we may live.

John 3:16-21 (New Living Translation)
 16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
 18 “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. 19 And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. 20 All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. 21 But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.[a]

What am I enjoying? Salvation, family, the freedom to tell you about Christ's love and forgiveness. 

1 comment:

Alisa said...

of course I specifically asked YOU!! I'm glad you answered :) Corban and I heard that interview with Mathew West this morning and I was weepy. How cold you not be. I thought about posting it since all the proceeds from that song go to St. Jude's children's hospital so I'm glad you did.