Tuesday, December 7, 2010

If You Had Time...



I've been day dreaming today.

What would you do if you had time?

This is a selfish day dream.

I have desires to serve more, give more, be more selfless.  In my quest to be more like Christ I am in constant thought about how I can represent Him better day to day.  But for the focus of this blog I want to talk about the interests and talents He grants.  Heaven isn't going to be one long choir practice.  I believe we have eternity to explore and learn new and exciting things.  I believe we will have an eternity to study all the wonders of God's creation.  So for this blog, what would you do if you had time.  Time to just explore your own personal interests or talents.

In my day to day life most of what I do is for others.  That's not a complaint, it's a simple fact.  I love serving and loving my family through acts of service.

However, if I was granted a day.  A day to do something to grow myself, go somewhere I could learn something new, learn a new trade, hone a skill, what would it be?  Not a day at the spa, something to expand your horizons, exercise your brain.

For now I think I would really enjoy some sort of baking school.  I love to cook.  I love to bake.  I think it would be so much fun to go to a cake decorating class, a class on BBQ and smoking foods, a class on how to make sushi, a pastry class!  Ooohh, how about cooking light yet delicious!  I like to read and do research online but a class environment speaks to my social side.

I really look forward to the kids getting older and doing stuff like this together.  Jared and I talked about taking Tanner to a baking class since he seems to show the most interest.  He's artistic and creative and would likely enjoy it and I would love to have the one on one time.

Anyway, day dream with me.  What would you do if you had the time?

2 comments:

Becky said...

So I was reading your entry...hadn't scrolled all the way down....I was thinking of how I would answer the question you posed....I thought...cooking/baking class!!! Then I scrolled to see that's what you said too.
I've been telling Will that for months. My passion is desserts. I wish I had an unlimited supply of money to buy exotic ingredients and try all kinds of recipes.
I've always thought about doing a cake decorating class but I'm not artistic at all.

Michelle Rees said...

I would take a class to become a Master Gardener. Maybe when Syd is a little older we can take the class together! What fun! I can't wait!