Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hey Keepin It Under Controllers!

It has been my goal over the last few weeks to workout 4 times a week.  I decided that in order to firm back up I would much rather add some activity vs seriously skimp on my food intake ;0)

Katie R, Amy C, Wendy P and I have started a text accountability phenomenon.  It's working out pretty well.  When I work out I let them know via text.  I tell them how long, and what type of exercise and they do the same.

Today I spent 35 minutes on the treadmill doing running intervals.  It works because of the competitive nature as well as knowing someone is going to ask.

While I was running,  I was thinking of all the reasons I would much rather run outside.

1.  No interruptions.  I'm not very patient or understanding when I'm at the peak of an interval, huffing and puffing, and a little body comes in and asks me for something. 
2.  The scenery is significantly improved.  I love the chocolate color on my walls, but if I run before Jared gets up I can't watch TV so my ear buds and the chocolate wall keep me company.  Yuck!
3.  It may be cold outside, but it's stinking roasting in my room after about 20 minutes.
4.  When running outside, I run away from my house.  Therefore the temptation to quit at any given moment isn't an option.  I have to get home some how. 

If you want in on our accountability let me know, I'd love to receive texts about your creative workouts.  Shoveling snow seems to be the activity of choice lately :)

No comments: