Saturday, January 29, 2011

Preparation

Mark 12:29-30
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f]

The woman's retreat is fast approaching.  I'm getting anxious and more than a little nervous.

I'm in the process of researching and reading for my talks.  One is on Spiritual health, one is on physical health, and the other is financial health.

Dave Ramsey is a great resource for the financial.  I love his teaching, writing, and straight forwardness.  I'm planning to draw a lot from his writings and website.

Overall, I feel confident on the physical aspect.  It's just narrowing down the information and making it follow a dominate thought vs wandering through all the different sub topics.

While brainstorming with the spouse, we talked about the spiritual aspect.  This one is difficult simply because I want my main theme to be about stewardship.  Taking care of these different aspects of our lives.  Jared mentioned that it would be easy to veer off into legalism and even heresy if I wasn't careful.

Yikes!  This is difficult!  I know that with prayer and hard work it will work out and ultimately be for His glory.

I have a new found respect for Jared and all the hard work he puts into preparing his sermons each week.  I can't fathom doing this on a regular basis.  

1 comment:

Cindy Coker said...

You're going to do great! I just wish I could go and hear you, but alas I must work. I'll be praying for you the whole time. :o)