Saturday, May 23, 2009

Freshening Up Update

I wrote a previous post about considering BareMinerals. After doing quite a bit of research (including TIVO-ing the infomercial) I decided to try it out.

I have to say I'm in love. It's easy to apply and I like the idea of just looking fresh and natural vs "made up." With my fair skin I'm a big fan of the 20 spf the foundation offers.

Since it's pricey I decided to go the ebay route and I saved at least 30% on most and 50% on some. It all comes brand new and unopened. Not only did I save money but I didn't have to drag my 4 boys and girl into a make up store in a mall. That's a huge plus for all involved.

My recommendation is to go ahead and let the lady at Sephora do your makeover. Take notes on what you like and then go home and shop via ebay. It's a little scary buying make up online when you have no idea if the shade is right. I was fortunate and love everything I bought.

Now I just hope what I bought lasts about a year :)

1 comment:

The Lane's said...

it may sound crazy that this is my day to day makeup - I have some other stuff that I use for a "fancy night" (rarely used!!!). Anyway, I love mine too and you will be surprised at how long it last. I saw your earlier post and meant to tell you that I love mine. I like the ease of it and like how fast I can apply it - sweet with little ones at your feet!!! I was very hesitate to swap but happy I did so. Like I said, I still have my other stuff that I use from time to time but overall I am happy with it. I am sure you will love it!