Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Melting Down

Today is day 4 post injury. I'm realizing that I can't handle not being mobile. Ever since I was a small child what I could do is what I felt gave me value. I made snickerdoodles for my family, cleaned house for my mom, took care of my younger siblings. As an adult I put things together, clean things up, organize, and serve others. It is who I am.

Take away my mobility, add lots of pain and no sleep and after 4 days I unraveled.

I spent most of the morning crying and claiming, "I'm over this." My friend Natasha just chuckled and said, "Do you think that ends it. All you have to do is say, I'm over it and you're done. I don't think it works that way."

After a weepy call to my mom in law she showed up, sent me to bed with a pain pill and cleaned my house. I woke up refreshed and in much better spirits. I go in tomorrow for a walking boot if all is healing well. I am so thankful to be able to put some pressure on this foot. My right side is super achy and ready for some relief.

It's been rough around the Altic house for a couple weeks and we would greatly appreciate your prayers for our kids and for us individually and as a couple. High stress has become a house mate and it's presence is causing us to grow weary.

No comments: