Friday, May 22, 2009

Random

-This weekend is the Great American BBQ. We go every year since our neighbor participates and invites us to dinner. It's a lot of fun for the kids and the food is fantastic. We're going tonight. I'm a little concerned about my foot but hopefully we won't be doing too much walking.

-Next weekend Jared and I celebrate 13 years of marriage! Monday (June 1) is our anniversary and we're going to go out since my mom offered to watch the kids! Star Trek here we come (ooh and maybe Longhorn since it's payday too!).

-This is definitely a buyers market right now. Jared and I are car shopping and have found several things we like. The great suburban debate has commenced. Every time we start looking for a new family vehicle we weigh the space vs the fuel efficiency. I would love to have one but I don't want to buy it based on that alone. We've been super impressed with the Chrysler and Dodge vans that have Stow and Go. The storage is AWESOME. We're taking our time and praying. As much as I would love a suburban I can feel the Lord leading me towards a van. There are lots of trucks for Jared to choose from. I'm giddy over the idea that he'll have a dependable vehicle that he actually likes.

-We'll probably be selling our little Kia Sedona ourselves. It's a great dependable van, just a little small for a family of 7. If you know anyone that's interested please send them our way. It's an 05' with 65,000 miles.

-I haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks due to my broken foot. I can't balance on a scale obviously. I have been diligent and flawless on my diet but I honestly don't feel like I've lost anything. My belly still protrudes significantly, my hips are spongy, and I'm extremely top heavy. I didn't expect a complete transformation in 10 weeks especially since I can't do any activity but I was hoping to feel better about it all by now. I'll just keep plugging away and hopefully when I can weigh in a couple weeks I'll have a great loss.

No comments: