Thursday, August 13, 2009

BBQ Chicken

Yesterday we had our Fall kickoff for our Wednesday night church.

It was a lot of fun and I took a crock pot of BBQ chicken and it went over so well I thought I'd share the ridiculously simple recipe.

We are huge fans of home made BBQ meatballs and I've altered them a bit to make them core and I just thought I'd use the same altered sauce to make BBQ chicken so it would still be WW friendly.

I dumped a 3lb bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts in a large crock pot and then added the following:

2 cups ketchup
2 cups Splenda
2 TBS liquid smoke
2 garlic cloves minced
salt & pepper
3 TBS dried onion bits (fresh onion would be yummy I just didn't have any)

I cooked it on high for about 4 hours and it was tender but could have used a little longer I think. It shredded up easily and would be good on a sandwich or eat it in a pile! Either way it was yummy, completely core, and sugar free.

2 comments:

Beth Eaton said...

Stupid question, but what's completely "core" mean? Is that a weight watchers term?

Unknown said...

Not Stupid! Yes "Core" is a Weight Watchers term that they no longer use so it's super confusing :) They offered two programs for a time. There was the Flex plan (points) and the Core plan. Core is eating back to the basics. Fresh fruit and veggies, lean meats, and complex carbs in moderation and no sugar. There's no weighing or measuring. You just eat from the list until your satisfied. I really like it when I'm nursing since I'm typically starving.