Friday, August 28, 2009

Seeing Clearly

-Tanner has an eye appointment on Thursday. Apparently the little guy has picked up the worst of his parents gene pool. I'm praying that he'll be fortunate enough to get my complexion verses his daddy's. The mouth gear and assumed glasses will be enough.

-When it comes to picking out the glasses do I let me unique little boy with a flair for the unusual pick out his own?

-We've done 4 days of school and today will complete our first week. My life as I know it is about to change. Until this year our school days could easily be wrapped up in a couple hours. A beka like most schooling works up to the full day over the course of a couple weeks. Yesterday was still a partial day (all of the many books aren't in play yet) and it took 4 1/2 hours. Once Brennan and Tanner are doing all subjects and reading and memorization etc we'll easily be working for 6 hours. This seems obvious to all you out there that have your kids at school for 8 hours a day or more but I've been spoiled up to this point (Kindergarten only takes about 45 minutes!). We lived and goofed off and did school on the side. Now we'll be doing school the bulk of our day and anything else will have to be pushed off until we're all done. It's not bad or evil :) just different.

-Brennan, Tanner, and Elijah spent last night at the Dilley's. Cale's birthday was this week and Natasha surprised him with a sleep over with our boys. They were all so excited. Since the older kids had plans I called my Mom and had Graham stay with her so he wouldn't be wandering around the house all day saying, "Where's my boys?" He loves his older brothers. It seems Brennan is his favorite as of late. If Brennan is not in sight he'll ask, "Mommy, where's my Brennan? I want him."

-I've been walking this week with my sweet quiet Jess T. We walk for a hour each morning and it's been a real eye opener for me. I'm out of shape and jiggly. I'm thankful for the exercise and so is Sophie. I've been taking her along and she's obnoxious (surprised?) but it's good for her and she's less crazy the rest of the day if she's walked.

-Yesterday we had not one, but two solicitors. One wanted to remove my spots and the other desperately wanted me to buy beef out of the back of his truck. Sounds perfectly safe. I'm seriously considering a "no soliciting" sign for our front porch. It's a little unnerving to have a strange man acting overly familiar and pushy when I'm at home with the kids alone.

No comments: